ASHI CPR and AED is designed specifically for laypeople and is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting. This extremely flexible program will help prepare people to respond to a cardiac arrest and choking. This program conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
Individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but who desire, or are required, to be certified in CPR and the use of an AED:
- Emergency response teams in business and industry
- Adult residential care personnel
• Adult and Child
• Adults, Child, and Infant
Recognized certification period
Up to 2 years
Successful completion (certification)
• Written evaluation: When not required by a regulatory agency, it is optional.
• Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Recommended time to complete
• Initial training:
– Adult: 2 hours
– Adult and Child: 3 hours
– Adult, Child, and Infant: 3.5 hours
• Renewal training: Less than initial instructional time
Times are based on core-topics only. Adding supplemental topics will
add to the overall class time.